data recording text box

Author
dabuls
Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi there,

I have the following textbox item in a survey page:

<textbox experience>

/ caption = "Please write in the box below:"

/ textboxsize = (4540)

/ required = false

/ multiline = true

</textbox>

The problem is that whenever a participant hits 'Enter' to start a new line in the textbox, the data gets recorded in a new line as well. Is there a way to disable this type of data recording so that the data gets recorded in the same cell even though participant hits enter? (I would prefer not to ask participants to avoid using 'Enter' key as the task is of sensitive nature and extra instructions might might interfere with the task). 

Any help highly appreciated!

Best,

Davis 

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

I cannot reproduce this behavior. See the screenshot below

and the attached data file. Open it in Notepad and you'll see that it's all in a single line (as it indeed should be). Which app are you using to view your data files? If SPSS or Excel, the issue is likely due to the chosen import settings, which you'd have to tweak accordingly. Let us know what you find.

Regards,

~Dave

Attachments
data.dat (789 views, 266 bytes)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search