Preinstructions/Postinstructions

Author
Malgo
Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello there,

I needed to include preinstructions and postinstructions in one block in an experiment and I wanted to include an image on both pages. As I found out, I could not have done it using a <preinstructions> option, because then I could use only <page> and thus I could use just a plain text.

Therefore, I included both preinstructions and postinstructions as a <surveypage> as one of the <trial> in this block. This means of course that I cannot collect data for all trials but I assumed that later in the analysis I would just omit those "empty" trials.

However, when I run experiment now, Inquisit informs me that: " Inquisit could not open the data file for writing. Inquisit was unable to save the data to: H:\Desktop\...dat"

Will these problems appear also later? and also pop up for participants? Should I change preinstructions to <preinstructions> again? If yes, is there any way of putting an image on the page?

Thank you in advance!

Malgo.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Generally, if you require elaborate formatting (including mixing text and pictures) for instruction pages, use <htmlpage> instead of <page>. See the "Tower of London Task" available from the Task Library as an example.

However, when I run experiment now, Inquisit informs me that: " Inquisit could not open the data file for writing. Inquisit was unable to save the data to: H:\Desktop\...dat"

This is unrelated to the instructions issue. You either had the data file opened in another application when you ran the script, or you had stored the script in a location without write access, or you had not properly saved the script file before running.

Regards,

~Dave

Malgo
Malgo
Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)Partner Member (862 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I resolved the second problem. I simply indicated a file for data collection which I already deleted, so I just changed a file now.

I will try to use <htmlpage> instead. 

Thank you for help.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search