How do I suppress a query parameter when returning to Qualtrics from Inquisit?

How do I suppress a query parameter when returning to Qualtrics from...
Author
meb299
Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)Respected Member (324 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Howdy. I'm working with an experimental design that requires that a user start in Qualtrics, be forwarded to Inquisit, and then be directed back to Qualtrics from Inquisit. In order to get them to pick up at the correct spot in the Qualtrics survey, however, I need to selectively suppress one of the Query parameters that Qualtrics sends to Inquisit. In other words, imagine two Query parameters "A" and "B". Both are sent from Qualtrics to Inquisit but, when Inquisit redirects back, I need to suppress "A" but retain "B" (i.e. append "B" to the URL). Is there any way to do this?

-Matt Brashears

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

No, you can't suppress parameters selectively. Anything that comes in, goes out when Inquisit forwards back to the survey. You can, however, have Inquisit add additional (static) parameters when forwarding back to Qualtrics (just specify the additional parameter in the finish page redirect url). You should be able to configure Qualtrics to use this one instead. Similar questions have been discussed previously, you may find additional information via the forum's search facility.
~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search