trial depending on previous response

Author
ineke
Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello,

I'm setting up a new experiment, completly different than I've done before so I have encountered some problems which I'm hoping you can help me with.

- I'll be using a choice paradigm, which entails that for each trial paricipants first have to choose and press for option one or two and based on that choice they should get for option one just a stimulus or for option two a stimulus and a white noise. Can you give me some pointers on how to write this in a script?

- The stimuli we use in this task are anagrams, with which participants have to create a word (for example : table). But if I use this in the trial script:
/ correctresponse = ("table")
, it wil not run (not a valid setting). Is it not possible to use a typed word as response? I know a voice key would be the best solution, but I haven't got one and reaction time to this response isn't crucial for my research question.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

- I'll be using a choice paradigm, which entails that for each trial paricipants first have to choose and press for option one or two and based on that choice they should get for option one just a stimulus or for option two a stimulus and a white noise. Can you give me some pointers on how to write this in a script?

In the choice trial, set up appropriate /branch attributes -- branch to a stimulus-only trial for one response, branch to a stimulus-plus-noise trial for the other.

Is it not possible to use a typed word as response?

It is possible with the <openended> element.

Regards,

~Dave

ineke
ineke
Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the response! The task is up and running now. I just have one little thing i'd like to change but can't figger out how.

When using the openended element, the trials automatically end when participants typ in the word and then use the mouse to click 'next'. It would be easier if they did not have to change from keyboard to mouse and could just press enter to go on. Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks again!

Ineke

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

When using the openended element, the trials automatically end when participants typ in the word and then use the mouse to click 'next'. It would be easier if they did not have to change from keyboard to mouse and could just press enter to go on. Do you know how I can do this?

The keyboard shortcut to submit a response is CTRL+ENTER (cannot be changed). ENTER is reserved for line breaks.

Regards,

~Dave

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search