Random function returns different results in 3.0.6 versus 3.0.4


Author
Message
robgommans
robgommans
Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 7, Visits: 12

Hi,


Does somebody know why the following line of code returns a different, incorrect number in version 3.0.6, while returning a correct number in version 3.0.4?


rand(30,40)


In v3.0.4., it returns a number between 30 and 40. In v3.0.6, it returns -43545435353455 of something like that. In other words, an incorrect number. Should I initialize something first in v3.0.6, before using the random function?


Thanks,
Rob 


Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)Supreme Being (913K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 11K, Visits: 65K

E.g.


<expressions>
/ myexpression = rand(30,40)
</expressions>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("<%expressions.myexpression%>")
</text>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (anyresponse)
</trial>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1-4=mytrial]
</block>


works perfectly fine for me under 3.0.6.0. You should check whether you're running the very latest build (Dec 19) and/or provide proper context re. your particular use case.


Regards,


~Dave


robgommans
robgommans
Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)Partner Member (660 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 7, Visits: 12

Hi Dave,


Thanks for your reply. 


It must have been the build of v3.0.6. I tested my code on a different computer and the problem occurred. Since v3.0.6 was installed on this computer (rather than 3.0.4), I installed v3.0.4. and tested the code again. Now, the problem didn't occur. That is why I first thought it had something to do with the new version. I downloaded v3.0.6. again, re-installed it, and now it works fine. Unfortunately, I don't know the build of the previous v3.0.6 installed on this computer.


Best,
Rob 


GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search