experiment works on 3.0.2 but not on 3.0.6

Author
Sunshine
Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello,

I have created an experiment in version 3.0.2 which perfectly runs there. When I run it on version 3.0.6. I get a bunch of error messages like "could not locate element". The experiment (without pictures and videos) is attached.

How is it possible to get rid of these errors in 3.0.6?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Attachments
Final Version.exp (665 views, 226.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

How is it possible to get rid of these errors in 3.0.6?

You need to check your syntax more carefully. The parser's error control is much stricter in 3.0.6.0 than in 3.0.2.0 (which is a good thing). In particular:

- You must *not* use double-quotes in <page> elements without proper character escaping (see the special characters topic in the Inquisit documentation), i.e. replace " with ~" or two single quotes ('').

- Fix the various other syntax errors indicated by the 'has invalid text' warnings in the output pane for various /caption attributes, <item> elements, etc. There are a lot of stray double quotes in your script where there shouldn't be any. Example:

<item instructions>
"
/1 = "Im Zuge der folgenden ..."

or

<caption Kategorienvign2>
/ caption = "überhaupt nicht                 mittelmäßig                        extrem"
oder gar nicht"

Regards,

~Dave

Tags
Sunshine
Sunshine
Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)Partner Member (957 reputation)

Thank you, Dave!

Best regards,

Sunshine

Sunshine
Sunshine

Hey Dave!

I acted on your suggestions and changed the double quotes, but unfortunately I still get these error messages in version 3.0.6.

I want to do an emotion intensity recognition task and use pictures for that but Inquisit can't locate them in the new version. There are also three other elements it can't locate.

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I tried out a lot (for example I put away the % sign on the name of the first picture), and I'm not able to fix this problem.

I'm attaching my changed experiment. I would be very grateful if you could take a look at it again - thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Sunshine

Attachments
Final Version_306.exp (629 views, 283.00 KB)
Sunshine
Sunshine

I'll also attach the first of the pictures.

I also want to note that if I run just the element "Frage Schlsk1" (with the associated radiobuttons, located in a surveypage) in a separate experiment it works, but not with the whole experiment.

Attachments
MC04Hapnew025.jpg (668 views, 19.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

As noted previously, there are stray quotation marks in your script which may throw things off. E.g.

<caption Kategorienvign1>
/ caption = "überhaupt nicht                 mittelmäßig                        extrem"
oder gar nicht"
/ fontstyle = ("Verdana", -17, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ position = (40,11)
</caption>

I recommend you re-check everything thoroughly and follow up on every warning / error message in the editor's output pane.

Regards,

~Dave

Sunshine
Sunshine

Thank you, Dave, you're a life-saver!

This was the only quotation mark I forgot and then I searched for the mistake elsewhere... It works now!

Thanks again!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search