We are pleased to announce version 2.0.61004, the latest update to Inquisit. This update was released in October and is free to Inquisit 2.x license holders. You can download it from our web site at http://www.millisecond.com/download.aspx.
The update contains the following features and bug fixes:
* Inquisit Web Edition now supports a new Microsoft technology called ClickOnce for running web experiments from Internet Explorer. A key advantage of ClickOnce is that it allows users who are not logged in as an Administrator to run Inquisit web experiments on their machine.
* Inquisit Web Edition now supports loading scripts from protected web sites that require user authentication.
* We've added two new random selection methods, "replacenorepeat" and "noreplacenorepeat", that randomly select with and without replacement, respectively, and that guarantee no item will be selected twice in a row.
* The picture element has a new command called "transparentcolor" that renders any pixels in the picture matching that color as transparent.
* The video element now supports audio-only media files such as mp3.
* We've also fixed bugs in the autocomplete feature in the editor, the batch element, and many more.
Hope you are enjoying the New Year,