Central European character encoding

Author
jbuczny
Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi,

I use Inquisit Web in my mother language which is Polish (e.g. I use Arial CE). Some of data I used to collect are qualitative. After downloading the data are messed up. Instead of 'przestaję o tym myśleć po krótkiej chwili" I receive 'przestajŔ_ o tym myŔ_leŔ_ po krŔ_tkiej chwili'. Data transformation is a real pain and waste of time, so I will be very happy if find the solution.

What should to obtain clear data encoded in East European? Is there any way to prevent messing up the outcome in the data base?

Thank you in advance!

Jacek Buczny

jbuczny
jbuczny
Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)

Dear Millisecond Support Community,

I'd happy to receive answer to my letter:

"I use Inquisit Web in my mother language which is Polish (e.g. I use
Arial CE). Some of data I used to collect are qualitative. After
downloading the data are messed up. Instead of 'przestaję o tym myśleć
po krótkiej chwili" I receive 'przestajŔ_ o tym myŔ_leŔ_ po krŔ_tkiej
chwili'. Data transformation is a real pain and waste of time, so I will
be very happy if find the solution. What should to obtain clear data encoded in East European? Is there any way to prevent messing up the outcome in the data base?"

Jacek Buczny

nickwelhar
nickwelhar
Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)Associate Member (272 reputation)
Wht is Character Encoding ?

A character encoding tells the computer how to interpret raw zeroes and ones into real characters. It usually does this by pairing numbers with characters. Words and sentences in text are created from characters and these characters are grouped into a character set. There are many different types of character encodings floating around at present, but the ones we deal most frequently with are ASCII, 8-bit encodings, and Unicode-based encodings.
Source:http://net-informations.com/q/faq/encoding.html

Nick

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search