Add (sub)caption after textbox

Author
BShev
Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I am working on a script that will run the Cognitive Reflection Test (Frederick 2005), but I am having trouble getting the text to look the way I want.

The questions are written so that a problem is given and then a textbox is provided so participants can fill-in their response, with a mask=decimal. However, after this textbox I would like to have a subcaption which would qualify in what terms the answer is being given. I've gone through the manual and all the options with how to edit captions as well as subcaptions, but I cannot find a way to add (sub)captions after a textbox.

In other words, I want it to look like this:

Problem 1: A bat and a ball cost $1.10. If the bat cost $1.00 more than the ball then how much does the ball cost?

[answer box] cents.

Where "cents" is what I am having troubling adding to the script.

Any suggests how I may accomplish this?

P.S. Here is the script for the above problem:

<textbox Problem1>
/ caption = "Problem 1:
            A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
            If the bat cost $1.00 more then the ball then what does the ball cost?"
/ mask = decimal
</textbox>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Simply add a <caption> element on the respective <surveypage> which also displays the <textbox> and /position the elements properly. I.e.:

<surveypage Problem1Page>
/ questions = [1=Problem1; 2=Problem1Caption]
</surveypage>

<textbox Problem1>
/ caption = "Problem 1:
            A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
            If the bat cost $1.00 more then the ball then what does the ball cost?"
/ mask = decimal
/ position = (5%, 10%)
</textbox>

<caption Problem1Caption>
/ caption = "cents"
/ position = (21%, 19%)
</caption>

Regards,

~Dave

BShev
BShev
Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)Partner Member (878 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Right on, thank you Dave. That helps a lot.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search