How to Run an Experiment
There are several ways to run an Inquisit experiment.
Using Inquisit's Menus
- On Windows, Launch Inquisit from the Start Menu. On Mac OSX, double-click Inquisit.app in the Applications folder.
- Select the Open command on Inquisit's File menu.
- Choose the script file you would like to run.
- Select the Run command on Inquisit's Experiment menu.
- When prompted, enter a group id and subject id and press the OK button.
Using Windows Explorer
- Find the script file you would like to run in Windows Explorer.
- Double click on the script file.
- When prompted, enter a subject number and press the OK button.
(You can also create shortcuts to Inquisit scripts, and launch the script by double clicking on the shortcut icon. )
Using the Commmand Prompt on Windows or the Terminal on Mac
For details on running Inquisit from a command prompt, see Running an Experiment from the Command Line
Interrupting an Experiment or Block in Progress
While the experiment is running,
- Press Ctrl+b to skip the rest of the trials of the current block.
- Press Ctrl+q to immediately end the experiment.