Layer objects

Author
Eitan.Hemed
Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to order two shapes and a video object in a way that the shapes are 'on top'/'at front' and the video is 'on the bottom'/'at the back' (So it is partly hidden by the shapes). I've seen some reference from a couple of years ago in that topic regarding ordering the objects in a 'bottom to top' order through the stimulusframes attribute
(for example /stimulusframes = [10 = partlyHiddenObject, objectPartlyHidingOtherObject ;]), but for some reason it doesn't work for me.

If you could take a look at this excrept and direct me towards the answer, i'd be thankful, currently the objects are layered but vid_a_item is presented on top of leftFlankRec and rightFlankRec, even though i've tried ordering them differently in the /stimulusframes attribute. This is the opposite of what i'm trying to achieve.

<trial lernen_a>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.vid1 = list.vid_a_itemnumbers.nextvalue; ]
/stimulusframes = [1 = maske, fixation; 66 = vid_a_item, rightFlankRec, leftFlankRec;]
/trialduration = 1
/recorddata = true
/ontrialend = [values.datei = (video.vid_a_item.currentitem)]
</trial>

Thanks again.
Eitan

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Layering wont work like that if the stimulus in the "background" is a video -- the screen area occupied by the video must be constantly refreshed (otherwise there'd be no "moving pictures"), i.e., any *static* stimulus you put in the same area will immediately be overwritten by the video again (the static stimulus would be visible for a single frame, i.e., until that screen area refreshes / gets redrawn the next time for the video to keep playing).

The solution is to *not* use static stimuli here, but to have your "occluder" stimuli to also be <video>s (that just show a black screen for example).

Eitan.Hemed
Eitan.Hemed
Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)Associate Member (245 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, i'll try to implement that.
Can videos overlap in Inquisit? Would it work that way (ordering via stimulusframes)?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> Can videos overlap in Inquisit? Would it work that way (ordering via stimulusframes)?

Yes.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search