error launching web script

Author
laurenemberson
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, third post in a row for me. :)  I'm having an error launching my experiment on the web.  I've done this successfully before I think I'm following the same steps as before but I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.  I have my script uploaded and I'm getting an error saying that the main script can't be opened?!  There is also a corresponding server error so I'm wondering whether there was an issue uploading on the server's end.  Other scripts that I have previously used are working fine.  I've attached the screenshot here.

As always, your help is much appreciated!  ~Lauren

TL
TL
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Hi there,
I've got a similar problem. The script and the associated files worked quite good using the web version of Inquisit, however I encountered some error messages regaridng the system and the internet.
I attached the error messages and information on the build date of my inquisit script. However, when running the script in the normal Inquisit mode, everything works fine.
Could you please help me?
Thank you

Attachments
errormessage.JPG (561 views, 85.00 KB)
build date.JPG (522 views, 27.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
TL - Monday, January 2, 2017
Hi there,
I've got a similar problem. The script and the associated files worked quite good using the web version of Inquisit, however I encountered some error messages regaridng the system and the internet.
I attached the error messages and information on the build date of my inquisit script. However, when running the script in the normal Inquisit mode, everything works fine.
Thank you

Apologies for the trouble. The subdomain that hosts newly uploaded scripts currently isn't resolving properly in the global DNS system for some reason (older scripts are still hosted on a different subdomain, which is why those still work). We're working to fix this and once changes have propagated through the global DNS system things should be back to normal. I will update this thread accordingly.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - Monday, January 2, 2017
Hi there,
Thank you

Apologies for the trouble. The subdomain that hosts newly uploaded scripts currently isn't resolving properly in the global DNS system for some reason (older scripts are still hosted on a different subdomain, which is why those still work). We're working to fix this and once changes have propagated through the global DNS system things should be back to normal. I will update this thread accordingly.

Meanwhile the affected subdomain should be properly resolving globally again and any recently uploaded web experiments should work / run. If you spot any remaining issues with your experiments, it would be great if you could leave a short description of the problem and a link to the respective launch page in this thread. Thanks and sincere apologies for the outage.

TL
TL
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Hi there,
Thank you

Meanwhile the affected subdomain should be properly resolving globally again and any recently uploaded web experiments should work / run. If you spot any remaining issues with your experiments, it would be great if you could leave a short description of the problem and a link to the respective launch page in this thread. Thanks and sincere apologies for the outage.

Thank you for your messages. My script is working now. Thanks

laurenemberson
laurenemberson
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
TL - Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Hi there,
Thank you

Thank you for your messages. My script is working now. Thanks

Mine is working now too!  I'll let you know if I have other problems. 
Svenja
Svenja
Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)
Dear All,
I have quite similar problems launching a web experiment like the already explained but for me other scripts that have been uploaded do not work either. I have no explanation why both of the scripts do not work anymore as they already did. I tried to delete the whole project from the web server and upload it again but this does not change the error. A screenshot of the error message is attached. Thanks for every advice!!
Dave
Dave
Svenja - Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Dear All,
I have quite similar problems launching a web experiment like the already explained but for me other scripts that have been uploaded do not work either. I have no explanation why both of the scripts do not work anymore as they already did. I tried to delete the whole project from the web server and upload it again but this does not change the error. A screenshot of the error message is attached. Thanks for every advice!!

This error seems unrelated to our system. As the error message says, it is trying to access a script file hosted on a Uni Potsdam server, specifically

http://uni-potsdam.de/soccog/experimente/iat_persian-11-16/completepes_persian.iqx

and that file does not appear to exist on the Uni Potsdam server (open the above URL in your browser and you'll get a 404 / File Not Found error as well).

Make sure to either (1) upload the file to that location or (2) provide the correct URL in your Inquisit script.

Hope this helps.

Svenja
Svenja
Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)
Dave - Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Svenja - Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Dear All,

This error seems unrelated to our system. As the error message says, it is trying to access a script file hosted on a Uni Potsdam server, specifically

http://uni-potsdam.de/soccog/experimente/iat_persian-11-16/completepes_persian.iqx

and that file does not appear to exist on the Uni Potsdam server (open the above URL in your browser and you'll get a 404 / File Not Found error as well).

Make sure to either (1) upload the file to that location or (2) provide the correct URL in your Inquisit script.

Hope this helps.

All right, many thanks! So I know where specifically I have to look for errors. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search