Urgent: Help needed

Author
dokemm
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am quite desperate, maybe somebody can help me:
Using Inquisit Lab5, I try to run an experiment where I want to model the apartment task. There shall be 4 apartments which are all to be evaluated on 12 dimensions with two possible features each. For example, the dimension "centrality" says: "The apartment is close to the center" vs. "The apartment is far from the center". There must be a best apartment, with 8 randomly selected dimension to determine 8 positive features and with the 4 remaining dimensions to determine the negative features. The worst apartment shall have 8 randomly assigned negative dimensions and 4 positive dimensions. The remaining two apartments shall have 6 positive dimensions and 6 negative ones.
I am struggling with the randomization procedure that determines 1) which apartment is the best, the worst, and determines the remaining two as neutral ones and allow that 2) based on step one the number of dimensions for each apartment is determined and then 3) each apartment gets randomly selected the right number of positive and negative dimensions. Can anybody help me? Thank you a lot.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dokemm - 8/6/2023
Hi, I am quite desperate, maybe somebody can help me:
Using Inquisit Lab5, I try to run an experiment where I want to model the apartment task. There shall be 4 apartments which are all to be evaluated on 12 dimensions with two possible features each. For example, the dimension "centrality" says: "The apartment is close to the center" vs. "The apartment is far from the center". There must be a best apartment, with 8 randomly selected dimension to determine 8 positive features and with the 4 remaining dimensions to determine the negative features. The worst apartment shall have 8 randomly assigned negative dimensions and 4 positive dimensions. The remaining two apartments shall have 6 positive dimensions and 6 negative ones.
I am struggling with the randomization procedure that determines 1) which apartment is the best, the worst, and determines the remaining two as neutral ones and allow that 2) based on step one the number of dimensions for each apartment is determined and then 3) each apartment gets randomly selected the right number of positive and negative dimensions. Can anybody help me? Thank you a lot.

You need to be more specifc regarding what, precisely, you are struggling with.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search