FTP Transmission Error ("System Error")

Author
bctarter2
Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)Expert (1,000 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Sean,

Hope you are enjoying the new year. Recently, we have decided to try to save the files to our own server via the ftp option. The script has been running fine otherwise, but with this change to the <data> section, gives the following errors.

First we tried it on one site (hosted by yahoo) in the format "ftp://ftp.site.com/folder/". We got the following error message:

Unable to run the script due to the following errors:

1. System error 12003: The server returned extended information . Line 298, File .\DataFile.cpp

2. Inquisit could not save the data.

3. System error 12003: The server returned extended information . Line 298, File .\DataFile.cpp

4. Inquisit could not save the data.

5. System error 12003: The server returned extended information . Line 298, File .\DataFile.cpp

6. Inquisit could not save the data.

Next, I retried it with this ftp as well: ftp://site.com/folder/ (still on a Yahoo host) and got:

1. System error 12031: The connection with the server was reset . Line 297, File .\DataFile.cpp

2. Inquisit could not save the data.

3. System error 12031: The connection with the server was reset Line 297, File .\DataFile.cpp

4. Inquisit could not save the data.

5. System error 12031: The connection with the server was reset Line 297, File .\DataFile.cpp

6. Inquisit could not save the data.

Then I tried it on a different server (hosted by godaddy.com), in the following ftp formats "ftp://site2.com/" and "ftp://www.site2.com/" and "ftp://ftp.site2.com/" and got the following message:

System error 87: The parameter is incorrect.Line 298, File .\DataFile.cpp

1. Inquisit could not save the data.

2. System error 87: The parameter is incorrect. Line 298, File .\DataFile.cpp

3. Inquisit could not save the data.

4. System error 87: The parameter is incorrect.Line 298, File .\DataFile.cpp

5. Inquisit could not save the data.

The data field in my script contains the following elements:

<data>

/ columns = [trialcode blockcode blocknum trialnum date time trialdata trialdata latency response correct stimulusitem stimulusitem stimulusitem stimulusnumber]

/ encrypt = false

/ file = "ftp://site2.com/"

/ userid = "myFTPusername"

/ password = "myFTPpassword"

</data>

Any ideas on what I should do to fix it?

Thanks!

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hmm, sounds like Inquisit might be thrown off by the server configuration. Would it be possible to email the script to me (with the actual URL and login credentials)? That would allow me to identify the issue pretty quickly.

BTW - another issue you might run into with ftp is that if the user is running any firewall software (including the one that ships with Windows), they may be prompted whether to allow Inquisit to use the ftp port. Http is preferable since firewalls allow it by default (otherwise you couldn't browse the web).

-Sean

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Barry,

Thanks for sending the script. The problem is that Inquisit doesn’t handle saving files to the root directory of an ftp site correctly. It should work fine with a subdirectory, however. So, if you save the files to ftp://millisecond.com/datafiles/, for example, rather than ftp://millisecond.com/, it should work. Hopefully you are able to create subdirectories on your ftp site.

In the meantime, the fix for this problem will be in our next update.

-Sean

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search