Participants able to draw shapes?

Author
bmatt
Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm new to Inquisit and am in the process of learning the ropes, so my apologies is there is a relatively easy solution to my question.  Is there a way to allow participants to draw a shape (e.g., circle, square) within a defined space on the screen, perhaps by clicking the mouse and dragging it to a specific location?  I am thinking of a task much like how one creates shapes in programs such as Microsoft Office.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Yes, it's possible. In Inquisit 4, <trial> elements sport the /draw attribute, which will effectively paint mouse movements onscreen. For an example of its use, see the "Trail Making Test" script available in the Task Library.

A different approach that also applies to Inquisit 3, can be found at http://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost4421.aspx (scripts in the ZIP archive attached to that post).

bmatt
bmatt
Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)Partner Member (877 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the quick reply!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search