"/iscorrectresponse" not working please HELP

Author
Sandra589
Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)Associate Member (197 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Problem:

I have created an audio and visual (non-audio) version ofone experiment. The problem concerns my “example trial” phase. During thisphase, participants are given feedback on whether they answered the itemcorrectly or incorrectly. Inquisit is processing this phase correctly for theVISUAL version such that correct feedback is provided (e.g., ‘correct’ forcorrect responses and ‘error’ for incorrect responses). However, for the AUDIOversion, Inquisit is providing ‘error’ (or incorrect) feedback to participantsregardless of whether they answered correctly or incorrectly.

Both Syntax are identical with the exception of sound syntaxfor the AUDIO version, and attached for your reference. I’m pretty sure thisproblem is due to my syntax being incorrectly written.

Please help and thanksheaps!
Sandra

Attachments
baddeley visual 1.exp (503 views, 14.00 KB)
baddeley audio 3.exp (482 views, 13.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
<trial examples>
/ stimulusframes = [1=examplestrials, true, false]
/ validresponse = (true, false)
/ correctmessage = (correct, 500)
/ errormessage = (error, 500)
/ iscorrectresponse = [trial.examples.response == getitem(item.exampleanswers, text.examples.selectedindex)]
</trial>

You determine the correct response based on the selected item for <text examples>. However, you do *not* actually display that <text> element in the <trial> (cf. the /stimulusframes attribute). Hence no selection ever occurs for that element and its selectedindex is useless.

You'll want to do

<trial examples>
/ stimulusframes = [1=examplestrials, true, false]
/ validresponse = (true, false)
/ correctmessage = (correct, 500)
/ errormessage = (error, 500)
/ iscorrectresponse = [trial.examples.response == getitem(item.exampleanswers, sound.examplestrials.selectedindex)]
</trial

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search