MediaLab/Inquisit Linking

Author
mkbritto
Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)Partner Member (522 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm having trouble having media lab pull up an Inquisit session.

I have tried to program it two ways:

1. Program Inquisit into a questionnaire using the item type as "Inquisit Session". When I run this, media lab pulls up a screen that says "please wait" for about 5 seconds, and then says "click continue" and ends the session, without ever pulling up the Inquisit session.

2. Program Inquisit using command lines where I wrote "C:\Program Files\Millisecond Software\Inquisit 4\Inquisit.exe" "Z:\16153-Ex-Experiences with AMC's The Walking Dead\Media Lab\Questionnaires\SingleCategoryIAT.iqx". When I run this, media lab tells me it cannot find the specified file. I checked for typos and where I saved the script, and nothing appears to be wrong.

Any ideas? Other ideas for how to program it?

Thank you!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
#1 is something you would have to ask MediaLab / Empirisoft support.

Re. #2 I would trust MediaLab as well: If it tells you it cannot find a file, that is probably correct. I.e., there is either a typo in the path to the Inquisit executable, to the script or both. As for the command you specified generally, it is at the very least missing the parameters for subject and group id.

Empirisoft's support forum appears to be down at the moment, so here's a cached version of the relevant thread:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_PKTY7W8y1cJ:www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php/8487-Problem-withMediaLab-V2014-1-105-and-Inquisit-4-0-4-%28case-13195%29%3Fp%3D21760+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

To rule out issues with the script / executable path, run the commands via the standard Windows command line, i.e., outside of MediaLab. If it works, the issue is in MediaLab.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search