textboy size not adjustable?

Author
JuliaNo
Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am using the textbox element and want to make the box bigger, so that users can enter a longer answer if they want to. It is part of a longer list of questions, so I am integrating the textbox element in a surveypage. However, using the /size or /maxchars attributes does not change the size of the textbox, nor the number of characters the user can enter. What do I do about this?

<textbox WhatAbout>
/caption = "What do you think this experiment is about?"
/size = (250,150)
/ maxchars = 500
/ required = false
</textbox>

<surveypage demographics2>
/caption = "Please answer the following questions"
/ questions = [1=WhatAbout]
</surveypage>

<block EndQuestions>
/ trials = [1=IdentificationOwnCountry; 2= IdentificationOwnCountry2; 3=IdentificationEurope1; 4=IdentificationEurope2; 5= IntExperience1; 6=IntExperience2; 7=demographics; 8=demographics2]
/ itemfontstyle = ("Calibri", 2.8%, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
</block>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
JuliaNo - Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Hi, I am using the textbox element and want to make the box bigger, so that users can enter a longer answer if they want to. It is part of a longer list of questions, so I am integrating the textbox element in a surveypage. However, using the /size or /maxchars attributes does not change the size of the textbox, nor the number of characters the user can enter. What do I do about this?

<textbox WhatAbout>
/caption = "What do you think this experiment is about?"
/size = (250,150)
/ maxchars = 500
/ required = false
</textbox>

<surveypage demographics2>
/caption = "Please answer the following questions"
/ questions = [1=WhatAbout]
</surveypage>

<block EndQuestions>
/ trials = [1=IdentificationOwnCountry; 2= IdentificationOwnCountry2; 3=IdentificationEurope1; 4=IdentificationEurope2; 5= IntExperience1; 6=IntExperience2; 7=demographics; 8=demographics2]
/ itemfontstyle = ("Calibri", 2.8%, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
</block>

The attribute to use is /textboxsize, not /size.

<textbox mytextbox>
/ caption = "Write something"
/ textboxsize = (40%, 50%)
</textbox>

<surveypage mypage>
/ questions = [1=mytextbox]
</surveypage>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...