Subject Number Appears Twice in Data File for Inquisit Web

Author
osgoodj
Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)Associate Member (106 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping you could help clear up a  confusing data issue I am dealing with. I used MTurk.com to collect data through Inquisit web and had Inquisit assign subject numbers automatically (sequentially). Upon looking at my data, I noticed that one subject number appears twice. Based on the question responses for this subject number, I strongly suspect that this might be the same person trying to repeat the experiment for more money. If so, I would obviously want to exclude their second attempt from analysis. Does anyone know enough about Inquisit Webs subject number generation process to confirm this suspicion? For example, does Inquisit web assign the same IP address the same subject number again if they try to redo the experiment? 

Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
osgoodj - Saturday, April 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping you could help clear up a  confusing data issue I am dealing with. I used MTurk.com to collect data through Inquisit web and had Inquisit assign subject numbers automatically (sequentially). Upon looking at my data, I noticed that one subject number appears twice. Based on the question responses for this subject number, I strongly suspect that this might be the same person trying to repeat the experiment for more money. If so, I would obviously want to exclude their second attempt from analysis. Does anyone know enough about Inquisit Webs subject number generation process to confirm this suspicion? For example, does Inquisit web assign the same IP address the same subject number again if they try to redo the experiment? 

Thank you!

A subject number is generated when the participant first visits the launch page. If s/he starts the experiment multiple times without refreshing the launch page in between those runs, the subject id will be the same.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search