Summary Data Issues

Author
Jrp
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

So I am having an unusual problem. I have ran about 18 participants so far with no issues, but last night after running a participant their summary data was not put in the summary data file, and seemingly dissapeared. The data is present in the default all file, but just not the summary data file. I ran 9 tests this morning on both conditions and it seems to be working fine now. Does anyone know what might cause this sort of issue?

Thank you,
Jrp
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Jrp - Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Hello,

So I am having an unusual problem. I have ran about 18 participants so far with no issues, but last night after running a participant their summary data was not put in the summary data file, and seemingly dissapeared. The data is present in the default all file, but just not the summary data file. I ran 9 tests this morning on both conditions and it seems to be working fine now. Does anyone know what might cause this sort of issue?

Thank you,
Jrp

#1: Are you running participants in Inquisit Lab or via Inquisit Web?
#2: What are the exact specifications in the script's respective <data> and <summarydata> elements?
#3: Where are the script and data files stored?

One possibility: If data is written to a single summary file under Inquisit Lab, and that file is locked (because, for example, it is opened in another application) or otherwise inaccessible, adding participant data to the file may fail.

Jrp
Jrp
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Hello,

Thank you,
Jrp

#2: What are the exact specifications in the script's respective <data> and <summarydata> elements?

One possibility: If data is written to a single summary file under Inquisit Lab, and that file is locked (because, for example, it is opened in another application) or otherwise inaccessible, adding participant data to the file may fail.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the response!
1. We are using Inquisit Lab.
2. Here is what the Data/SummaryData looks like:
*****Specify which types of data are recorded - need (1) Cue Scene SUDS, (2) post audio SUDS, (3) ASIDE BW ratings, and (4) Post ASIDE SUDS.

<data>
/separatefiles = false
/columns= [date, time, group, subject, blockcode, trialnum, trialcode, stimulusnumber, stimulusitem, response]
/ format = tab
</data>

***use summary data function to create 1 line of data with all of the SUDS info (39 different audio files x6 SUDS = 234 SUDS columns)
and other relevant info (subject ID, start date, time, and gender selected = 238 columns total)

<summarydata>
/separatefiles = false
/ columns=[script.subjectid, script.groupid, script.startdate, script.starttime, values.trialcount, radiobuttons.nselectgender.response, radiobuttons.rselectgender.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSwillingMj.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSanythingMj.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSwillingAlc.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSlikeAlc.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSanythingAlc.response,

radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSwillingMj.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSanythingMj.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSwillingAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSlikeAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSanythingAlc.response,

radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSlikeAlc.response,

radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSwillingMj.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSanythingMj.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSwillingAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSlikeAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSanythingAlc.response,

radiobuttons.alpha1.response, radiobuttons.alpha2.response, radiobuttons.alpha3.response,
radiobuttons.alpha4.response, radiobuttons.alpha5.response, radiobuttons.alpha6.response,

radiobuttons.beta1.response, radiobuttons.beta2.response, radiobuttons.beta3.response,
radiobuttons.beta4.response, radiobuttons.beta5.response, radiobuttons.beta6.response]
/file= "CollegePilot Audio&ASIDE_summary.iqdat"
</summarydata>

3. The script and data files are all stored in one folder. 

To my knowledge, neither Inquisit or another program was accessing the file at the time, and the file was not locked. I will make sure to check this though if the issue happens in the future.

Thank you,

Jrp
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Jrp - Friday, April 14, 2017
Dave - Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Hello,

Thank you,
Jrp

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the response!
1. We are using Inquisit Lab.
2. Here is what the Data/SummaryData looks like:
*****Specify which types of data are recorded - need (1) Cue Scene SUDS, (2) post audio SUDS, (3) ASIDE BW ratings, and (4) Post ASIDE SUDS.

<data>
/separatefiles = false
/columns= [date, time, group, subject, blockcode, trialnum, trialcode, stimulusnumber, stimulusitem, response]
/ format = tab
</data>

***use summary data function to create 1 line of data with all of the SUDS info (39 different audio files x6 SUDS = 234 SUDS columns)
and other relevant info (subject ID, start date, time, and gender selected = 238 columns total)

<summarydata>
/separatefiles = false
/ columns=[script.subjectid, script.groupid, script.startdate, script.starttime, values.trialcount, radiobuttons.nselectgender.response, radiobuttons.rselectgender.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSwillingMj.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSanythingMj.response,
radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSwillingAlc.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSlikeAlc.response, radiobuttons.CueSceneSUDSanythingAlc.response,

radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSwillingMj.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSanythingMj.response,
radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSwillingAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSlikeAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostAudioSUDSanythingAlc.response,

radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.MidASIDESUDSlikeAlc.response,

radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSanxious.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSrejected.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSinsecure.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDShappy.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSannoyed.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSbored.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSangry.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSsad.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSrelaxed.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSwillingMj.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSlikeMj.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSanythingMj.response,
radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSwillingAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSlikeAlc.response, radiobuttons.PostASIDESUDSanythingAlc.response,

radiobuttons.alpha1.response, radiobuttons.alpha2.response, radiobuttons.alpha3.response,
radiobuttons.alpha4.response, radiobuttons.alpha5.response, radiobuttons.alpha6.response,

radiobuttons.beta1.response, radiobuttons.beta2.response, radiobuttons.beta3.response,
radiobuttons.beta4.response, radiobuttons.beta5.response, radiobuttons.beta6.response]
/file= "CollegePilot Audio&ASIDE_summary.iqdat"
</summarydata>

3. The script and data files are all stored in one folder. 

To my knowledge, neither Inquisit or another program was accessing the file at the time, and the file was not locked. I will make sure to check this though if the issue happens in the future.

Thank you,

Jrp

Thanks for providing the information and <data> / <summarydata> element specifications. There is nothing obviously wrong with either, and they should work as intended (as they have been, save for one participant, if I understood your original post correctly).

If you open 'Tools -> View Log File...', do you see any errors or other unusual things for the session involving the one participant whose summary data is seemingly missing?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search