Symmetry Span task- duration of stimuli

Author
jbeadle
Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)Associate Member (150 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi there,
I am interested in using the Automated Symmetry Span Task (ASSPAN) with older adults. Is it possible to edit this script to double the amount of time that each symmetry image and each red square is displayed for?
I have very little experience with this, so an answer that is as simple as possible would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks!
Julie

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jbeadle - Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Hi there,
I am interested in using the Automated Symmetry Span Task (ASSPAN) with older adults. Is it possible to edit this script to double the amount of time that each symmetry image and each red square is displayed for?
I have very little experience with this, so an answer that is as simple as possible would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks!
Julie

Hi Julie,

Yes, this is possible. To double the amount of time a given symmetry image is displayed, change values.symmetrytimeout from 5000

<values ASSPAN>
/ symmetrytimeout=5000
</values>

to 10000

<values ASSPAN>
/ symmetrytimeout=10000
</values>

To increase the time a given red square is displayed, set values.learninginterval to a suitable value of your choosing:

<values ASSPAN>
/ completed = 0
/ stopblock=0
/ learninginterval=850
</values>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore