using inquisit in psiturk

Author
nrouhani
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello! 
do you have any guidelines for launching an inquisit experiment through psiturk? any advice would be appreciated! 

thank you! 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nrouhani - Thursday, September 28, 2017
hello! 
do you have any guidelines for launching an inquisit experiment through psiturk? any advice would be appreciated! 

thank you! 

As far as I am aware, psiTurk requires experiments to be written in JavaScript. Inquisit experiments aren't written in JavaScript, though, but in Inquisit's own language. In addition, participating in an Inquisit Web experiment requires the installation of the Inquisit Web player app. As such, I don't think launching an Inquisit Web experiment through psiTurk is possible.

nrouhani
nrouhani
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Thursday, September 28, 2017
hello! 

thank you! 

As far as I am aware, psiTurk requires experiments to be written in JavaScript. Inquisit experiments aren't written in JavaScript, though, but in Inquisit's own language. In addition, participating in an Inquisit Web experiment requires the installation of the Inquisit Web player app. As such, I don't think launching an Inquisit Web experiment through psiTurk is possible.

Yes, it's true that psiturk is written in javascript, but there should be ways to launch an inquisit link through its platform (but i'm not sure! just testing it out now). The reason to do it would be to exclude mTurk workers who have taken the task before, and as far as I'm aware I wouldn't be able to do that in inquisit - is that true? Would there be a way to prevent repeat users from taking the task again on mTurk? 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Thursday, September 28, 2017
hello! 

thank you! 

Yes, it's true that psiturk is written in javascript, but there should be ways to launch an inquisit link through its platform (but i'm not sure! just testing it out now). The reason to do it would be to exclude mTurk workers who have taken the task before, and as far as I'm aware I wouldn't be able to do that in inquisit - is that true? Would there be a way to prevent repeat users from taking the task again on mTurk? 

I'm not super-familiar with MTurk internals, but I thought there were several ways to do that (without the need for psiTurk). E.g. https://mundanepsych.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/saving-mturk-ids-so-you-can-prevent-repeat-subjects/

If you have people provide their MTurk ID as subject identifier in an Inquisit experiment, you could also have the Inquisit script(s) contain a blacklist of IDs that have taken the same (or a similar) study previously and prevent the study from running for those IDs. See e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic17596.aspx for one such example.

Does this answer your question?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search