iOS offline cache failing

Author
S F
S F
posted 7 Years Ago HOT
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm using two scripts and I'd like to have them offline on some iPads. With other scripts I've been able to store them offline with no trouble, but these two show an error when I set them to offline: "Cache failed, Failed to extract <scriptname>'s zip file."

I've added both of my scripts in case that's helpful.

I'm on the original iPad Air with iOS 10.1
Attachments
2AFC_pilot2.iqx (204 views, 31.00 KB)
2AFC_pilot_CB2.iqx (174 views, 31.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
S F - Monday, December 11, 2017
Hi,

I'm using two scripts and I'd like to have them offline on some iPads. With other scripts I've been able to store them offline with no trouble, but these two show an error when I set them to offline: "Cache failed, Failed to extract <scriptname>'s zip file."

Would it be possible to direct me to the respective experiment's Inquisit Web launch page? Thanks.

S F
S F
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
Dave - Monday, December 11, 2017
Hi,

Would it be possible to direct me to the respective experiment's Inquisit Web launch page? Thanks.

Sure! http://research.millisecond.com/adele/2afc_pilot2.web and http://research.millisecond.com/adele/2afc_pilot_cb2.web
S F
S F
Hi,

Sure! http://research.millisecond.com/adele/2afc_pilot2.web and http://research.millisecond.com/adele/2afc_pilot_cb2.web

also- it's definitely something about my launch pages or scripts because I just successfully loaded a different script (the aat_mouseinput approach/avoidance task that's on Inquisit's registered web scripts). thanks in advance!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Hi,

also- it's definitely something about my launch pages or scripts because I just successfully loaded a different script (the aat_mouseinput approach/avoidance task that's on Inquisit's registered web scripts). thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the links -- checking into it now. There seems to be something wrong with some of the files uploaded, for example, "basket3.mp3" seems to be causing issues, as if the file has been corrupted during the upload maybe. Could you put the two scripts and all external files they need (images, audio files, etc.) into ZIP archives and attach those here? To attach files click +Insert -> Add File. Thanks!

Dave
Dave
Hi,

Thanks for the links -- checking into it now. There seems to be something wrong with some of the files uploaded, for example, "basket3.mp3" seems to be causing issues, as if the file has been corrupted during the upload maybe. Could you put the two scripts and all external files they need (images, audio files, etc.) into ZIP archives and attach those here? To attach files click +Insert -> Add File. Thanks!

So, this definitely appears to tie back solely to "basket3.mp3" -- for some reason that file shows up with a 0 byte size on the server, probably due to some file defect or issue during upload. The extraction process then fails when it gets to that defunct 0 byte file.

If you could attach a copy of that file as it resides on your hard drive here, that would be great.

Edited 7 Years Ago by Dave
S F
S F
Hi,

So, this definitely appears to tie back solely to "basket3.mp3" -- for some reason that file shows up with a 0 byte size on the server, probably due to some file defect or issue during upload. The extraction process then fails when it gets to that defunct 0 byte file.

If you could attach a copy of that file as it resides on your hard drive here, that would be great.

The extr

thank you so much! this fixed everything. I really appreciate it! no idea what was up with that file, I didn't even need it so I had uploaded it by mistake. it's here though (kind of curious what you want to do with it!).
S F
S F
actually it looks like it's not letting me upload the file here either. to clarify, it also appears to have been corrupted on my hard drive- so it wasn't the upload process to blame, it was my computer. 

apologies for the confusion and thanks again!
Dave
Dave
actually it looks like it's not letting me upload the file here either. to clarify, it also appears to have been corrupted on my hard drive- so it wasn't the upload process to blame, it was my computer. 

apologies for the confusion and thanks again!

Awesome -- Thanks for letting me know! I wanted to see the original file in order to determine what was wrong with it, i.e. whether and how it was corrupted during upload (and why). But if the file was corrupted to begin with, that question is moot.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search