[Inquisit Web] Can I create individual accounts for different participants of my Internet study to...

Author
kulajw
Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I would like to conduct Internet study using Inquist Web, however this study is rater long and monotonous - about 1h and a lot of participants drop out during study.

To increase response rate I am going to separated my study to 3 parts, each 20 minus long, this might reduce monotonous by allowing participants to completed study not at once but during few days e.g within one week doing one 20 min part every second week.

The question is if I can do this using Inquist Web? 

As for now I guess that some type of "client account" for participants of my study will be needed. Such a "client account" after logging by subject ID should keep track of participant progress providing participants with information of how much parts of study participant had finished so far and provide links/access to not completed parts of study. 

Do you think that this is possible using Inquisit Web?  I try do this but does not find any option allowing keeping track of participants progress in separated online study.

Do you have any other ideas how to conduct three separate parts of online study, keeping track of participants progress in Inquisit Web?

Best

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
kulajw - Saturday, December 16, 2017
Hello,
I would like to conduct Internet study using Inquist Web, however this study is rater long and monotonous - about 1h and a lot of participants drop out during study.

To increase response rate I am going to separated my study to 3 parts, each 20 minus long, this might reduce monotonous by allowing participants to completed study not at once but during few days e.g within one week doing one 20 min part every second week.

The question is if I can do this using Inquist Web? 

As for now I guess that some type of "client account" for participants of my study will be needed. Such a "client account" after logging by subject ID should keep track of participant progress providing participants with information of how much parts of study participant had finished so far and provide links/access to not completed parts of study. 

Do you think that this is possible using Inquisit Web?  I try do this but does not find any option allowing keeping track of participants progress in separated online study.

Do you have any other ideas how to conduct three separate parts of online study, keeping track of participants progress in Inquisit Web?

Best

You can administer the three parts using a <batch> script, e.g.

<batch>
/ subjects = (1 of 3)
/ groupassignment = groupnumber
/ file = "part1.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (2 of 3)
/ file = "part2.iqx"
</batch>

<batch>
/ subjects = (3 of 3)
/ file = "part3.iqx"
</batch>

You can then generate and give out individualized links to your participants which include an unique subject identifier as well as the part they ought to complete at a given time, by passing that information to the launch page via query parameters. Suppose a given participant's ID is abc123, then

https://research.millisecond.com/yourusername/yourbatch.web?subjectid=abc123&groupid=1

would run the 1st part,

https://research.millisecond.com/yourusername/yourbatch.web?subjectid=abc123&groupid=2

would run the 2nd part, and

https://research.millisecond.com/yourusername/yourbatch.web?subjectid=abc123&groupid=3

would run the 3rd part, all with the subject identifier "abc123", i.e. you can easily match the data from the three parts.

Any "participant account" management beyond that you would have to build outside of Inquisit. You could -- for example -- create a website where participants can log in with "their" assigned ID, confirm that they have completed a given part, and then receive "their" link for the next part.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search