Online participants are having a license verification problem

Author
AbigailNovick
Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have an online experiment that runs fine for some subjects and won't run for others. For subjects that download Inquisit Player immediately before completing the experiment, they have been getting this error message:
License verification failed. Experiment id 56161 is not registered for account id '4090': The experiment will not be run. Server:4090

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Abby

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AbigailNovick - 2/25/2021
Hello,

I have an online experiment that runs fine for some subjects and won't run for others. For subjects that download Inquisit Player immediately before completing the experiment, they have been getting this error message:
License verification failed. Experiment id 56161 is not registered for account id '4090': The experiment will not be run. Server:4090

Thanks,
Abby

Please try updating the experiment to use the latest version, 6.3.5 by entering the settings, selecting that version from the dropdown menu, and clicking "Save".
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - 2/25/2021
Hello,

Thanks,
Abby

Please try updating the experiment to use the latest version, 6.3.5 by entering the settings, selecting that version from the dropdown menu, and clicking "Save".

Wait. Looking up that experiment ID, the experiment has been deactivated. If you log into the account, you'll find it listed under the "Inactive Experiments" at https://www.millisecond.com/myaccount/webscripts.aspx

You'll need to use the "Activate" button to have it resume collecting data.

I recommend updating the version to the latest regardless, however.

AbigailNovick
AbigailNovick
Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)Respected Member (364 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 2/25/2021
Dave - 2/25/2021
Hello,

Thanks,
Abby

Wait. Looking up that experiment ID, the experiment has been deactivated. If you log into the account, you'll find it listed under the "Inactive Experiments" at https://www.millisecond.com/myaccount/webscripts.aspx

You'll need to use the "Activate" button to have it resume collecting data.

I recommend updating the version to the latest regardless, however.

That was 100% the problem! Thanks, Dave :)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search