Alternating between blocks?

Author
cmdunbar
Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi,

I preface this by saying I am extremely new to using Inquisit....

I am trying to program some explicit measures to be asked after an IAT. One of the
scales that I am using has 18 items (they are events) and 3 questions are
asked about each item. Each question (in relation to an item) will be presented
separately, so there are 54 responses being made total. My problem is that the third question
referring to each item has different anchors for the likert scale than the
first two. But the items need to be asked in this order.

I programmed the items as 3 blocks with the different anchors, but now I
need to present the items by alternating between the 3 blocks (e.g., item1 block1, item 1 block 2, item 1 block 3, item2 block 1, and so on)....is that
possible? If that doesn't work, is there a way to program different anchors for items within the same block?

Also, I want the items for this scale to be presented in order 1-18 (or 54). How do I set that up?

Thanks so much,
Cheyenne

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Can you attach the script to this thread? Click on 'reply' and then find controls for uploading / attaching on the 'options' tab. BTW, you've posted this to the Inquisit 2.0 forum. Are you really using Inquisit 2.0 or are you using Inquisit 3?

~Dave

cmdunbar
cmdunbar
Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)Partner Member (903 reputation)

Hi Dave,

Ok. Here's the script I have so far. As I said it's arranged in 3 blocks right now for the subscales of the scale (year, life, and stress). I haven't put the actual text of the questions in yet because I wanted to get the ordering correct first. The items are listed as year1, year2, year3, and so on. I need to order to be the first item on each subscale then the second, then the third....as mentioned before. I also want the items within each block to be presented in order. I don't have any pictures or anything so this should be all you need. Oh, and I am using Inquisit 2.0.

Thanks,
Cheyenne

Attachments
SRE.exp (338 views, 3.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

If I understood you correctly, the attached file should give you what you're looking for.

Best wishes from a fellow Inquisit user,

~Dave

Attachments
SRE_rev1.exp (393 views, 3.00 KB)
cmdunbar
cmdunbar

It's exactly what I needed, thanks so much!

CD

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search