Sending Signals to Serial Port Using StimulusTimes on Go/No-Go

Author
neuromech
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am currently working with the published Go/No-Go Task template provided for Inquisit. I am trying to figure out how to send signals to a serial port with different stimuli presentations, but am having trouble structuring my script given the use of /stimulustimes and varied presentations of stimuli after the fixation in the task. 

I've attached a snippet of the script below for a vertical cue + go stimulus presentation. Say I have already designed four different signals earlier in the script:
port.verticalcue
port.verticalgo
port.correct
port.incorrect

How would I edit the script below so that the signals above are presented at the following time:
port.verticalcue -> when picture.verticalcue is displayed
port.verticalgo -> when picture.verticalgo is displayed
port.correct -> When the participant correctly responds
port.incorrect -> When the participant incorrectly responds

I understand that the task overall has 4 different trial blocks. But I am hoping the responses I receive here will help me reconfigure the other 3 trials.

<trial verticalcue_go>
/ ontrialbegin = [
    values.cuetype = 1;
    values.targettype = 1;
    values.soa=list.soa_verticalcue_go.nextvalue;
    values.trialcount+=1;

trial.verticalcue_go.insertstimulustime(shape.blankscreen, parameters.fixationduration);
    trial.verticalcue_go.insertstimulustime(picture.verticalcue,(parameters.fixationduration+parameters.cue_delay));
    trial.verticalcue_go.insertstimulustime(picture.verticalgotarget,(parameters.fixationduration+parameters.cue_delay+values.soa));
]

/ stimulustimes = [0=blankscreen,fixation]
/ beginresponsetime = parameters.fixationduration + parameters.cue_delay + values.soa
/ responseinterrupt = immediate
/ validresponse = (" ", noresponse)
/ correctresponse = (" ")
/ response = timeout(parameters.responsetimeout)
/ ontrialend = [
    list.accuracy.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);
    list.accuracy_G.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);
    list.accuracy_v.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);    
    list.accuracy_vG.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);
    if (trial.verticalcue_go.correct) {
        list.latencies_G.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.latency);
        list.latencies_vG.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.latency);
    };
    values.cuepic = picture.verticalcue.currentitem;
    values.targetpic = picture.verticalgotarget.currentitem;
    trial.verticalcue_go.resetstimulusframes();
]
/ recorddata = true
/ posttrialpause = parameters.iti
</trial>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
neuromech - 3/12/2024
I am currently working with the published Go/No-Go Task template provided for Inquisit. I am trying to figure out how to send signals to a serial port with different stimuli presentations, but am having trouble structuring my script given the use of /stimulustimes and varied presentations of stimuli after the fixation in the task. 

I've attached a snippet of the script below for a vertical cue + go stimulus presentation. Say I have already designed four different signals earlier in the script:
port.verticalcue
port.verticalgo
port.correct
port.incorrect

How would I edit the script below so that the signals above are presented at the following time:
port.verticalcue -> when picture.verticalcue is displayed
port.verticalgo -> when picture.verticalgo is displayed
port.correct -> When the participant correctly responds
port.incorrect -> When the participant incorrectly responds

I understand that the task overall has 4 different trial blocks. But I am hoping the responses I receive here will help me reconfigure the other 3 trials.

<trial verticalcue_go>
/ ontrialbegin = [
    values.cuetype = 1;
    values.targettype = 1;
    values.soa=list.soa_verticalcue_go.nextvalue;
    values.trialcount+=1;

trial.verticalcue_go.insertstimulustime(shape.blankscreen, parameters.fixationduration);
    trial.verticalcue_go.insertstimulustime(picture.verticalcue,(parameters.fixationduration+parameters.cue_delay));
    trial.verticalcue_go.insertstimulustime(picture.verticalgotarget,(parameters.fixationduration+parameters.cue_delay+values.soa));
]

/ stimulustimes = [0=blankscreen,fixation]
/ beginresponsetime = parameters.fixationduration + parameters.cue_delay + values.soa
/ responseinterrupt = immediate
/ validresponse = (" ", noresponse)
/ correctresponse = (" ")
/ response = timeout(parameters.responsetimeout)
/ ontrialend = [
    list.accuracy.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);
    list.accuracy_G.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);
    list.accuracy_v.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);    
    list.accuracy_vG.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.correct);
    if (trial.verticalcue_go.correct) {
        list.latencies_G.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.latency);
        list.latencies_vG.appenditem(trial.verticalcue_go.latency);
    };
    values.cuepic = picture.verticalcue.currentitem;
    values.targetpic = picture.verticalgotarget.currentitem;
    trial.verticalcue_go.resetstimulusframes();
]
/ recorddata = true
/ posttrialpause = parameters.iti
</trial>

A <port> element is a stimulus element just like <text>, <picture>, etc. You treat it in exactly the same way.

Use insertstimulustime to display the port stimulus at the same time as the relevent picture element.

Use /correctmessage to display the relevant port stimulus upon a correct response.
Use /errormessage to display the relevant port stimulus upon an incorrect response.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search