Network error

Author
sallidina
Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've had an online experiment running for a few weeks and all has been okay. However, today multiple participants have received the error code below. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sallidina - 4/5/2024
I've had an online experiment running for a few weeks and all has been okay. However, today multiple participants have received the error code below. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks!

If you need help with a web experiment, please always provide the link to its launch page.
sallidina
sallidina
Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)Associate Member (74 reputation)
Dave - 4/5/2024
sallidina - 4/5/2024

Thanks!

If you need help with a web experiment, please always provide the link to its launch page.

Sure, I'll PM it to you if that's alright. Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sallidina - 4/8/2024
Dave - 4/5/2024
sallidina - 4/5/2024

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I'm not seeing any obvious issue with the experiment's configuration that would explain the error, The errors occurred in a relatively narrow time frame (April 5, between approx. 17:30 and 22:30 UTC). The logged system details for all the runs that encountered the error are identical -- is it possible that we're talking about a single system used by multiple participants? If so, then there is or was a problem with that particular system (e.g. running out of disk space or a temporary, localized network issue). Notably, other particpants on other systems were able to run the experiment just fine during the same time frame, so any server-side issue can be largely ruled out.
Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Dave
sallidina
sallidina
Dave - 4/8/2024
sallidina - 4/8/2024
Dave - 4/5/2024
sallidina - 4/5/2024

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I'm not seeing any obvious issue with the experiment's configuration that would explain the error, The errors occurred in a relatively narrow time frame (April 5, between approx. 17:30 and 22:30 UTC). The system details for all the runs that encountered this errors in the logs are identical -- is it possible that we're talking about a single system used by multiple participants? If so, then there is or was a problem with that particular system (e.g. running out of disk space or a temporary, localized network issue). Notably, other particpants on other systems were able to run the experiment just fine during the same time frame, so any server-side issue can be largely ruled out.

I see, yes it's possible that multiple people used the same system. Thanks Dave!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search